Published on February 1st, 2018 | by OBN Staff
Ontario Gov wants your comments for Red Tape ChallengeTweet
Ontario – The Ministry of Economic Development and Growth today launched the Red Tape Challenge – asking businesses and the public for input on modernizing current regulations to further boost the province’s tourism sector.
“Millions of tourists spend billions of dollars each year in Ontario; in 2015 Ontario’s tourism industry supported 389,000 jobs and generated over $32.3 billion in economic activity in the province.,” states the announcement. “The insights gained from this consultation will help the government make it easier for tourism sector businesses to interact with government, innovate and grow without jeopardizing necessary standards that protect the public interest.”
Some available areas for comments pertaining to Ontario’s beverage alcohol sector include:
- Liquor Licence Act – general regulation
- Liquor Licence Act – Licences to sell liquor
- Liquor Licence Act – Manufacturers’ Licences
- Liquor Licence Act – Possession of liquor in parks and conservation areas
- Liquor Licence Act – Special Occasion Permits
The consultation period runs until March 31, 2018.